Without further ado, here is week one of the Fire Up For Fall Challenge.My positive picture is a quote that I have sitting in my cubicle at work. Seems rather fitting to me.
1. What are your goals for the Fall Challenge?
- Finish my first 5K, which is this Sunday.
- Improve upon last year’s finishing time in this year’s Manchester Road Race.
- Complete the C25K plan.
- Go to the gym at least 3 times a week in addition to my Zumba classes.
- Track all of my food/drink/activity everyday using Weight Watchers eTools.
2. Why have you chosen those goals?
I chose these goals basically for one reason – to motivate myself. When I turned 30 in April, I decided that I wanted to make changes towards a healthier lifestyle. Of course, I wanted to lose weight too. I’ve had setbacks in the past few months that I haven’t been able to recover from…basically because I stopped trying. I don’t owe this to anyone but myself. I need to be more active, and I need to be more strict about my eating habits.
3. What have you done this week that’s made you feel fabulous?
On Saturday morning, I pulled on a pair of jeans that I haven’t worn for several months and they were a little loose on me. Yippee!
4. What do you think will be your biggest challenge in reaching your goals?
My biggest challenge will be staying motivated. I have to keep reminding myself that a lifestyle change is a lot of work that requires discipline and effort on my part. Nothing comes easy. While I long to have the successes of some of the bloggers I follow, I have to realize that they didn’t get where they are without a lot of hard work and determination. I hope that the challenge will not only ramp up my motivation, but also help me stay focused.
5. Where in the World do you live? What’s amazing about it?
I live in Connecticut, and it’s pretty awesome because you can always find something to do. In between New York City and Boston, you’re never more than a train ride away from the bustling city. Connecticut offers various activities from vineyards to adventure parks; off-Broadway shows to casinos; gourmet restaurants to the yummiest grilled cheeses around. (Sidebar: You can read more of Connecticut’s wonderful offerings at Stefications.) Connecticut is lucky to have both mountains and a shoreline. Plus we have the best foliage around.