I’ve honestly done absolutely nothing this week to help get to my goals. I’ve been busy getting ready for my mother’s visit (she arrives on Wednesday night!) and working on the final touches for the Light the Night walk (which is on Thursday night). I still need to write my speech for that, too. I know that I should make time for myself, but who has the time for that?!
Finish my first 5K, which is this Sunday.– Completed 9/25/11. You can read about it here.
- Improve upon last year’s finishing time in this year’s Manchester Road Race.
- Complete the C25K plan. – At my current rate, this won’t be happening…
- Go to the gym at least 3 times a week in addition to my Zumba classes. – I only made it to one Zumba class. I chose to go grocery shopping on Tuesday night and Thursday’s class was cancelled.
- Track all of my food/drink/activity everyday using Weight Watchers eTools. – I did track for most of the week. However, I stopped tracking on Saturday night (mainly because I didn’t want to see that I was drinking my weekly points allowance in prosecco) and never got back on the wagon.
2. What have you done to make yourself feel fabulous?
My college roommate’s wedding was on Saturday night, so P and I got dressed up and hit the town. I chose to wear my fun, sparkly red dress with a red feather in my hair. I felt pretty snazzy! I always love going to weddings with P because we get to drink, dance and have an overall fabulous time.
3. Where do you see yourself in 5 years? What are your goals? Ambitions?
In 5 years, I hope to be established in my career as a fundraiser and at least be working towards an MBA or maybe a Master’s in Fundraising and Grantmaking. I also hope to be happily married and a mother to a labradoodle named Gus.
4. Give us a tip or a fact. About anything, what is something great you’ve heard that everyone should know?
I recently learned that skim milk may make you fat. A few months ago I was listening my usual morning radio show on my way into work, and they had Dr. Oz on as a guest. He said that skim milk is actually worse for you because once you remove the fat, you’re basically left with sugar-water. He recommends 1% or 2% milk instead. It makes sense to me. (Sorry, I wish I had a fun or witty fact to share.)
5. Fun Question: What was your most recent dream that you can remember?
This is going to sound lame, but I cannot share the most recent dream I remember having. I’m sorry, but some things have to remain private. For the most part, I cannot recall my dreams. I often find myself remembering any dream I may have when I first wake up, but quickly forgetting about it. I’ve even thought about keeping a “dream journal” by my bed to help me remember my dreams. Does anyone do that?