Today marks the halfway point for the Fire Up For Fall Challenge. Unfortunately, I’m not where I thought I would be at this point, but I still have 5 weeks left. Anything can happen!
This week’s positive picture is pretty much self-explanatory. I think I’ve finally gotten to the point where I realize that I need to get serious about my workout regiment and healthy eating habits to obtain my overall goals. Time to redefine my impossible.
1. What have you done this week to achieve your goals?
Finish my first 5K, which is this Sunday.– Completed 9/25/11. You can read about it here.
- Improve upon last year’s finishing time in this year’s Manchester Road Race. – P and I are starting our official training this week.
- Complete the C25K plan. – At this point, I’m just aiming to be able to complete Week 4 of the C25K plan by the end of this challenge.
- Go to the gym at least 3 times a week in addition to my Zumba classes. – I did not go to the gym or Zumba classes because I was feeling under the weather. No excuses other than I felt like crap.
- Track all of my food/drink/activity everyday using Weight Watchers eTools. – I was much better about tracking this week…until the weekend. The weekend always seems to be my downfall. At the risk of sounding like a broken record, this week WILL be better.
2. What have you done to make yourself feel fabulous?
P and I volunteered at the ING Hartford Marathon on Saturday morning. Our duty was to make sure that no cars turned onto or crossed the race route. It made me feel really good to be out there volunteering my time and cheering on all the half-marathoners. I even got to see a few familiar faces. Plus, being out there and feeling the energy of the race makes me want to start training for next year’s half-marathon.
Yes, I just said that. A few of my friends (Kayte, Eric and Jess) ran their first half-marathon this weekend (and I got to high-five Eric and Jess at mile 5) and totally rocked it! I’m so impressed and proud of their accomplishment. They have inspired me to start training for a loftier goal – 13.1 miles! I have a year to train, and if I cannot get to 13.1, I can always run the 5K instead.
3. It’s half way through the challenge, you can change 1 or more of your goals (max of 3) if you want to….what are you going to do and why?
I’d like to change goal #3 – Complete the C25K plan. Given that I haven’t been as diligent about going to the gym as I thought I would be, there is no way I that I can physically complete the plan. I’d honestly like to be able to successfully finish Week 2 of the C25K plan because I have never made it past that point.
4. What’s your worst bad habit and have you ever tried to tackle it? Do you want to?
My worst habit is making up excuses for not going to the gym, not tracking. Sure, my life has been crazy busy, but that’s really just an excuse. I can and should always find time for myself. Even if it’s a quick walk around the block during my lunch hour, it’s something. I just wish that I could stay as motivated as I was earlier this year.
5. Fun Time: Would you rather have Burgers for feet or Sausages for Fingers?
What an odd question. Well, I think I would rather have burgers for feet because I could cover them up much easier than I could my fingers. How did you gals come up with this one?