If you’d like to take part in FMM, visit Kenlie’s blog to learn more!
In the Kitchen
1. How often do you cook at home? I try to cook at home at least 5 times a week. We’ve are trying to be better about eating out so I’m trying to cook at home 6 times a week.
2. Do you eat more fresh produce, frozen or canned produce? I prefer to eat fresh produce and tend to eat a lot of it during the week. Sometimes frozen produce is better when I’m pressed for time.
3. What are a few unusual staples that can always be found in your kitchen? A jar of anchovies. They add a lot of flavor to recipes and they are easy to sneak in. I also have several different types of hot/chili sauces.
4. Look in your fridge, then tell us about the healthiest thing in there. Spring mix lettuce is probably the healthiest, but our fridge is currently STOCKED with tons of veggies, fruits, yogurts and grilled chicken breasts.
5. Now share the most unhealthy thing in it. A bottle of Greek salad dressing from my favorite Greek restaurant. It’s the best thing I’ve ever had, but it’s high in fat because of all the oil. Whatever, sometimes it’s worth it!
6. Do you eat leftovers? I do, but only up to a certain point. If it’s over two days old, forget about it.
7. Do you use coupons at the supermarket? I try to, but I’m not as diligent about cutting them out. Plus most of what we buy at the grocery store is fresh fruits and veggies, which don’t usually have a coupon.
8. How often do you try new recipes? I have a personal goal of trying at least one new recipe a week. If I had the time, I’d try a new one every day!
9. Do you make grocery lists? Do you stick to them? I do make grocery lists and typically stick to them.
10. If you could buy one food item that would magically be calorie-free, which item would you choose? Only one? Does beer count as a food? 😉
Now it’s your turn to answer. Happy Monday!